Post date: Dec 11, 2017 6:41:56 PM
Good Afternoon BWA Team & Family!
I hope you all got a chance to enjoy the first snow of the season! We have just 10 short days standing between us and December break. This Friday, I hope you will all join us as we celebrate together at our Talent Show.
On Friday we had our first student of the month breakfast, which was a huge hit. We celebrated accomplishments with students and families over some delicious breakfast. We have finished our battle of the pods competition this month and I want to commend our students for exhibiting teamwork and support. The monthly grade-wide activities have created a sense of pride and camaraderie in our students. It is great to see them supporting one another.
Below are the updates for the week.
- Progress Reports distributed Friday 12/15: Progress reports will be distributed this Friday.
- 7th Grade College Access for All: We are fortunate to be a part of the citywide College Access for All Initiative that is targeted for 7th graders. Over the course of the year they will participate in workshops and college trips to get them thinking about their future.
- Student Circles begin this week!: Thank you all for submitting names for circles. They will begin Tuesday and will take place from 2-2:40 Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday (one grade per day).
- Door Decorating Contest: Join the PBIS team and get in the holiday spirit in by participating in the door decorating contest! Please see Ms. Carbon if you have any questions. Judging will take place on December 20th!
- There will be Vision Testing by The Childsight Program Hellen Keller International for all students on Thursday. A schedule will go out this week indicating the time we are requesting that you bring your class to the auditorium.
- We are welcoming another social worker who will be working with our students Monday through Thursday. Her name is Ms. Claudia Wald and I will be sure to introduce you all. For the next two weeks she will be observing in classrooms, joining us at lunch and just getting to know our students.