Message from Principal Hasson
Post date: Sep 18, 2017 1:02:02 PM
Good Morning, BWA Team and Family!
Congratulations on finishing an amazing first full week of school! Below are some highlights of the week and updates for the short week.
- Students engaged in reading primary source documents in social studies workbooks.
- Students completing labs in science where they had to guess the shape of a hidden maze!
- Students reading short stories and answering short response questions aligned to standards in ELA.
- Outstanding grade-wide assemblies that set the tone and expectations for the year!
- BWA Bucks: Starting tomorrow, bucks will be available to distribute to individual students who demonstrate PEN and INK (preparation, excellence, never giving up, integrity, neatness, and kindness).
- BWA Tokens: Tokens will be a way to track uniform and attendance data and celebrate classes/pods with both of these.
- Lunch Detention begins this week!: Uniform and lateness infractions will result in a lunch detention this week. 100% uniform means that logos are showing.
- LeAp Afterschool Program begins on Monday: Please contact main office should you need forms to enroll your child.
- LeAp WE Day: WE Day is a day devoted to teaching students how to be change agents. See website https://www.we.org/we-day/what-is-we-day/.
- There will be an School Leadership Team meeting tomorrow at 4pm in Room 309. The School Leadership Teams (SLTs) are vehicles for developing school-based educational policies, and ensuring that resources are aligned to implement those policies. SLTs assist in the evaluation and assessment of a school’s educational programs and their effects on student achievement. SLT Meets on a monthly basis. We strongly encourage parents to attend.
Have a great week! Please reach out if you have any questions at all!