Message from Principal Hasson
Post date: Jun 5, 2017 2:51:53 PM
Good afternoon, BWA Parents!
We are officially into June and have a busy month of events ahead with many end-of-the-year deadlines. I am already thinking about how we can build on the greatness from this year and take the BWA to the next level next year. We are excited about our Restorative Practices Initiative that aligns closely to our mission of supporting the social-emotional needs of our students and we are thinking about how to build this into a weekly grade level morning meeting. The research is out there that supports these types of practices. Check out this article in Mindshift just this weekend! We also are excited to share that we officially have Robotics equipment so that we can offer a class next year for our students to make them even more prepared for high school, college, and beyond! It has been a great year and will be an even better one next year!
Below are the updates and many deadlines for the week!
- Science Fair 6/7/17: Our 4th annual Science Fair is this Wednesday June 7th from 3:45-4:30pm. Come out and show your support and judge some projects as our 6th and 7th graders have been working really hard on their projects!
- Chancellor's Day 6/8/17: Thursday is Chancellor's Day and a day without students. No school for Students
- 8th grade Science Exam tomorrow 6/5/17: Please be reminded the written 8th grade science exam will take place tomorrow in the 8th grade hallway. Students should not be out of class without passes or in groups.
- Community Fair 6/9/17!: This Friday is our annual community fair but our first in partnership with 22. We are truly excited about this event and hope to see everyone there from 4:30pm-8pm. There will be good food, good conversation, and some good fun! This week, some student council members will be coming to RtI to share information on this event and encourage students to come!
- End-of-year PBIS Events: PBIS is planning some exciting end-of-year events! Lotteries will continue on Friday. Field day will take place on June 19th! There will be an end of year BBQ and a student of the month BBQ as well. Stay tuned for updates from the team on specifics and dates.
If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to reach out!