Message from Principal Hasson
Post date: Mar 28, 2017 6:00:23 PM
Good Afternoon, BWA Family!
I hope you all are having a wonderful day.
This week, we kick of the first round of testing! Our ELA teachers have been working hard to prepare students to rock these exams! As some of our students may be anxious for them, please encourage them to simply do their best! This is an opportunity for them to show what they know.
I would like to officially welcome Ms. Roshan Bhojwani to our staff! Yesterday was her first day as our Restorative Justice Coordinator. We are extremely excited about this opportunity to bring Restorative Practices to the BWA. She will be working with our Student Support Team as we set the foundation to bring this initiative to BWA. Mr. Veliz and Ms. Infante have begun this work with their weekly circles and we are excited to see this expand!
Below are the updates for the week.
- Test Prep and Joy!: Tuesday morning, we handed out granola bars and mints to students for testing. We will also be playing extra motivating music. On testing mornings, we will allow students to eat breakfast if they haven't finished it before arriving to school. Please help us remind students that they should be on time especially on testing days!
- Parent Surveys: Please be reminded that school surveys are due March 31st. The first 5 classes to bring back all surveys will win a pizza party for their class.
- Marking Period 3 Close Date Changed: Report cards will go out the 21st. Please reach out if you have any questions regarding this.
- Saturday School April 1st Cancelled: This Saturday, we are canceling Saturday School. Many teachers will be out during scoring and after a week of testing, we decided it would be best to give students a break. We will pick it back up after break.
- Registration for Adult Education Classes - (Englist and GED classes) Every Saturday at 9am.
If you have any questions at all, please reach out.