Message from Principal Hasson
Post date: Nov 14, 2017 4:34:22 PM
Good Afternoon, BWA Team and Family,
I hope you all are enjoyed your weekend and had a chance to thank a veteran for their commitment to preserving the freedom of this country. To all those who have served, we are forever grateful.
Below are the updates for the week.
- Shout out to our debate team for taking home their first win in the scrimmage they participated in. Thank you to the teachers leading this charge to prepare students with skills necessary for success in the future!
- This week we will be having our first parent circle for 6th grade parents on Wednesday at 8:30am! Shout out to Ms. B, Ms. Rivas, Ms. Infante, and Ms. Perez for working with the Parent Action Committee to get this off the ground. A detailed email will go out explaining its purpose and what to expect later today.
- Shout out to the Student Council who has been working with Bronx Health Reach and CUNY on Thursday afternoons to create marketing campaigns for healthy eating that they will be presenting at Thursday's CLS/SLT meeting! Come show your support!
- Report Card Conferences Tuesday 11/21 & BWA Staff and PTA Gives Thanks Potluck Tuesday: Our first round of report card conferences will be next Tuesday! We will have a half day for students and the first session will take place from 1-3 and the second from 5-8.
- Honor Roll Assembly: Our first Honor Roll Assembly will take place this Friday.
- BWA Buck Raffle Fridays: On Fridays, we will have a BWA raffle for all students to have an opportunity use BWA bucks and get some BWA swag!
If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to reach out.