Message from Principal Hasson
Post date: Mar 20, 2017 8:08:24 PM
Good afternoon, BWA Family!
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. This week is sure to be a great one as we continue the BWA Day tradition! Last week we had a successful test simulation! Doing this is truly helpful and necessary to do before the actual testing day. We have just 6 short days until the ELA state test! Last year we had 16% (a jump from the previous year 6%) proficiency on the exam and I am confident that will increase this year! Our students have been working hard all year and these tests serve as an opportunity to showcase their analytical skills. We recognize that this may bring anxiety for many of our students so we ask in the next week to offer them encouraging words and support as you always do. We believe in their abilities and know they will put their best foot forward as they do each day! Below are the updates for the week.
- STEM Grant and Robotics!: I am happy to announce that we will shortly be receiving Robotics equipment so that we can host Robotics classes for our students. We are so excited as we believe that this is a great opportunity for our students. More information to follow soon.
- Influential Women Essay Contest! Please be reminded that March's essay competition ends tomorrow! Please have your children submit essays to Ms. Walker, Ms. Matos or Ms. Capers by March 20th!
- School Surveys: Thank you to all parents who have completed their surveys! If you haven't already done so, please do by the end of this week. We have sent the surveys home to the parents who did not attend parent teacher conference. The deadline is 3/31.
- School Assembly & BWA Day: Thursday March 23 at 9:30am: Come join us as we celebrate our School, its history and culture.
- PTA Meeting Friday at 10am & Coffee & Convo with Principal Hasson on Friday March 24 at 11:00am: This is a great opportunity to meet with Principal Hasson in a casual setting offer suggestions and bring up any areas of concern. See you there!!
- Wellness Forum: Saturday March 25: Educating on Nutrition, Diabetes, and Obesity. Free Groceries and Goodies.
- Saturday School: Continues until April 29. Please continue to encourage your child to attend as an opportunity to further strengthen their academic skills.
Please reach out if you have any questions at all.