Principal's Message - Closing Out November
Post date: Nov 27, 2017 3:01:39 PM
Good Afternoon, BWA Team and Family!
I hope you all had a wonderful long weekend and got an opportunity to rest and recharge over the break with family and good food as we begin to wrap up 2017! During the short break, I was able to pause and reflect on on the work we have done. And I was reminded that we have so much to be thankful for!
- A hard-working, compassionate staff who works tirelessly to ensure our students get on the path to high school and beyond!
- A team that takes risks for our students.
- A group of individuals who bring perspective, humility and experience to a workplace to make it truly unique.
- A group of new teachers who have made it through Thanksgiving and are doing incredible work with our students!
- Pods that support one another and hold each other accountable.
- An office staff who continues to keep me organized and our school in compliance!
- And group of students who show up every day and push us to be our best!
We also have so much to celebrate! Our year is a quarter of the way done and we have accomplished a lot! We have had 2 successful rounds of celebration that allow our students to feel accomplished and part of a community as they engage in activities that build their social emotional capacity. We hosted our first parent circle that created the safe space for parents to share their stories. We have an increase in attendance rates and a team who stays on top of students if they notice a change in attendance. We have close to 100% uniform compliance every day! We have pods using section sheets to help monitor class behaviors! We have PBIS celebrations to ensure students have a way to celebrate their individual success with our values. All of these accomplishments contribute to a school that has a positive culture and creates a welcoming environment for students, families and staff. These elements are critical to the success of our school. Now, as we continue into the better part of our year, we will go deeper into ensuring we are implementing truly rigorous instruction.
Below are the updates for the week.
- Honor Roll Assembly November 30th @ 8:45am: Our first honor roll assembly will take place this Thursday as an entire school! Students on the honor roll should wear black and white.
- PBIS Ice Cream Social Wednesday: There will be an ice cream social for classes with completed token boards on Wednesday at 2pm in the cafeteria.
- We are hoping to begin Saturday Academy by the end of January this year. Saturday Academy will take place on Saturdays weekly through March. A posting will go up sometime in the next week.
- Battle of the Pod Competitions: Battle of the Pod Competitions will take place this week and next. Please see your time slot and date indicated below.
- 6th grade - Tuesday 11/28 @ 8:30 in East Gym
- 7th Grade - Thursday 12/7 @ 8:30 in East Gym
- 8th Grade - Friday 12/1 @ 2:00pm in West Gym
If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to reach out! See you tomorrow!